In order to get started on the new AbilityLinks as a Job Seeker/Applicant, there are a few quick things you'll need to do.
Step 1: Password Reset
- First, you'll need to reset your password. Your account has already been created for you, but to ensure your safety, we require that you select a new secure password for use on AbilityLinks.
- This is very easy to do. Simply click on "Log In/Register" in the top blue bar.
- The page will show you the login screen. Below the login boxes, you will see a link titled "Request New Password." Click this link.
- Then, enter your username or email address that you use for AbilityLinks, and complete the verfication (Captcha) that is shown. This helps to keep you secure.
Step 2: Account Verification
- Next, you will need to verify your account and select a new password.
- You should have already received an email in your inbox from the previous step.
- Click the link inside the email, once you verify it came from AbilityLinks.
- This link will take you to the new AbilityLinks site, and will allow you to select a new password. Make sure to keep this in a safe, secure place! You may have to re-login after performing this step.
Step 3: Resume Update
- Finally, you'll need to update your site resume.
- The new AbilityLinks community makes it easy to edit each section of your resume. Here's how.
- Click on "My Account" in the top blue bar. You will see your user information. Note that the information in My Account is your private registration information, and not available to employers in any way -- unlike the resume updates you will complete in the next step, which can be shown to employers.
- Next, click on "My Resume" in the Helpful Links box on the right side of your screen.
- This will take you to your resume, which is what potential employers will see. Click the blue "Add" button in each section to begin filling out your resume.
The staff at AbilityLinks wishes you the best in your search, and we're here to help you. Please contact us if you have any questions about getting started on the new community!