Why did AbilityLinks begin?
Created in 2001 and dedicated to helping persons with disabilities find jobs, AbilityLinks is a web-based program of Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital, part of Northwestern Medicine.
Persons with disabilities want the opportunity to pursue a career of their own choosing but have an unemployment rate that is two time higher than average, not counting individuals who become discouraged and stop actively seeking work. At the same time, businesses that value a diverse work force lag behind when it comes to disability inclusion. They want greater access to this talent pool.
How does AbilityLinks work?
By combining the latest technology and a caring human touch, our web-based program connects a dynamic talent pool of self-identified applicants with disabilities to a network of employers that value disability inclusion.
- Member companies create a page on AbilityLinks.org with a description, job postings, contact information, and the opportunity to add a video, links and updates. The company's recruiters can also search resumes and receive applications.
- Candidates post resumes and apply for jobs. AbilityLinks applicant skills, experience, and background range from entry level to administrative, technical, professional and managerial while member companies represent a wide range of industries, occupation types and business size.
A caring human touch
- Skilled AbilityLinks counselors provide information and referrals to job seekers and recruiters from a unique, informed perspective because they have a disability. They connect with job seekers and recruiters by phone, email, live chat and in person.
A robust pool of community partners
- Educational, advocacy and job programs, and disability owned businesses are all part of the AbilityLinks community. Each of these organizations creates a page on AbilityLinks.org that describes the organization and how it can help businesses and job seekers.
Recruiting events and educational resources
- AbilityLinks hosts virtual job fairs and webinars that connect employers to candidates, and maintains an events calendar and online library for members with the latest disability and employment resources and tools.
Membership and sponsorship information
Joining AbilityLinks is free. Sponsor benefits include featured employer ads, automated job posting, brand recognition, featured jobs, sub accounts for multiple recruiters from the same company, priority invitations to virtual job fairs and more... Contact us for more information at info@AbilityLinks.org or 630/909-7440.