Academic Advisor (Reg FT, 12 month)
Position Title: Academic Advisor (Reg FT, 12 month)
Campus: West Hills Center
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter, and resume by no later than February 19, 2024. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Transcripts: Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Remote Work Option: Fully In-Person
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 2706
Job Open Date: 2/2/2024
Job Close Date: Open until filled
SALARY: Dependent upon educational credentials, experience, and contractual guidelines for rank assignment and salary placement.
General Summary: Under the supervision of the Director of Registration and Advisement or other designated supervisor, meet with and advise new, prospective and current students concerning their college studies and academic and educational needs, and provide appropriate support, guidance, information and direction to assist students to achieve their academic goals. Advisors engage students holistically, including career choices, curriculum options, majors, course planning, College policies and procedures, personal assistance and referral to community services, and academic support.
Requirements: Master's Degree. Three (3) years minimum experience in higher education: advising, counseling or related student services. Demonstrated familiarity with student issues and ability to interact with students with diverse needs.
1. Participate in mandatory training sessions, attend professional development workshops and activities as required, and assist in development of training materials and programs for faculty advisors.
2. Interview students concerning their readiness for college studies, their choice of major, their need for developmental coursework, their possible transfer to a four-year school, and the basic differences between the high school and college experience.
3. Maintain knowledge of and disseminate information to students regarding support services available on campus and across College, and direct students to such services, as needed or appropriate.
4. Provide advising services in the College advising centers and assist the directors of registration and advisement and/or other supervisory personnel in providing prompt assistance to students regarding program requirements and the registration process.
5. Develop academic schedules for new and continuing students utilizing the Degree Audit and other materials developed by the campus; provide students with information on all academic policy questions.
6. Advise students on general transfer information and refer students to appropriate transfer personnel.
7. Advise students changing their major by checking courses that apply to the new major (degree audit) and completing the appropriate paperwork.
8. Meet with students applying for graduation (utilizing Degree Audit) to assess graduation status.
9. Meet with probation students and other at-risk students and direct students, as necessary, to a counselor, success coach, or other student development professional.
10. Use on-line student system to research student's transcript, availability of classes, and calendar information.
11. Evening and/or Saturday advising may be required.
12. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=13&c=ccac.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/4992103
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.