Accounting Clerk-Student Accounts (Reg FT)
Position Title: Accounting Clerk-Student Accounts (Reg FT)
Department: Business Office
Campus: Boyce Campus
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Remote Work Option: Hybrid
Salary Grade: SEIU C - $17.40
Job Category: Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 0570
Job Open Date: 2/2/2024
Job Close Date: 2/16/2024
General Summary: Bursar/Student Accounts Processes cash receipt and student account transactions; analyzes student accounts; researches and respond to related inquires and complaints; prepares paperwork for collections and reimbursements; and prepares and processes third-party billings. Performs duties related to issuing student refunds. This includes account analysis, financial aid refunds, and general refunds.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED and 6 months of work related experience in an office environment
Skills/Abilities Requirements: Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, spreadsheet and word processing required. Ability to accurately check manual calculations. Ability to travel to perform work duties at any campus or center location within the CCAC system. Must be able to operate various office equipment, including a personal computer and appropriate College software packages or equivalent. Should possess good organizational, customer service, communication, interpersonal and clerical skills. Detail oriented, ability to multi-task meet deadlines and be a team player. Required to have regular and timely attendance.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit without a break for up to two hours.
• Provides quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Prepares and/or processes various electronic/paper forms, reports, records, invoices and/or correspondence, including journal entries; receives, and responds, or handles to related mail, phone calls and other inquiries; maintains contacts and reconciles discrepancies with external parties.
• Assists with reconciling accounts; posts, balances and codes data; processes transactions; prepares related records, logs and reports.
• Communicates with internal and external constituencies regarding various matters.
• Perform all duties in accordance with applicable laws, collective bargaining agreements, board policies and administrative regulations and directives.
• Performs other clerical duties for specific/unique needs of the department.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances which are available https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=13&c=ccac.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/4988281
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.