Who We Are:
At Avnet, relationships matter. We are a global, FORTUNE ® 500 technology distributor and solutions company that delivers design, supply chain and logistics expertise to customers at every stage of a product's lifecycle. Our employees have a front row seat to the latest innovations shaping the world we live in and the future we share. We're driven to help our customers around the world succeed and we do so by earning the trust of some of the biggest names in technology.
Working at Avnet means being a part of a global team. We work collaboratively and with integrity, doing business the right way. For more than a century, we have partnered together to help our customers, suppliers and teammates realize the transformative possibilities of technology. Experience what's next at Avnet!
Performs a variety of distribution center activities related to one or more of the following processes: packing, shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, stock handling, storing, distribution and inventory support. Provides high quality, cost effective, and efficient service to meet current and future demands.
- Fulfills orders from stored inventory meeting customer requirements and inspection/testing processes. Ships orders within time commitments and completes all documentation. Communicates with lead/supervisor regarding any fulfillment issues or problems.
- Receives, unpacks, and inspects incoming materials and product, and verifies against written orders. Returns defective materials.
- Ensures documentation such as packing lists, shipping labels, and other such documents are complete, accurate and processed appropriately.
- Identifies, investigates, and participates in opportunities to improve processes and procedures, to include various key performance metrics.
- Maintains and updates systems as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Acquires basic skills through work experience or formal training to perform routine tasks.
- Tasks are routine, repetitive and manual in nature with minimal complexity or variation and specific to the job.
- Work is performed under supervision with detailed instructions. Priorities are provided for performing work.
- Interacts mostly with immediate peers within assigned team. Based on nature of the role, may respond to requests from others in the organization.
- Impact of decisions is primarily contained to the work of the job.
- Typically requires less than one year of related experience.
Education and Certification(s):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- May require standing for prolonged periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds
- May require forklift certification
- May be required to meet specified visual acuity standards if completing final inspections
- Requires the ability to stand, bend, stoop, squat, twist and working at heights exceeding 15 feet
What We Offer:
Our employees work hard to live our values and help us grow. Our total rewards strategy supports Avnet's ability to attract, engage, develop, and reward our employees, while promoting a diverse and inclusive environment. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs - from time away and flexible working arrangements to programs supporting employee well-being and opportunities to give back to your community.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401K and Pension Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Family Support (Paid Leave, Surrogacy, Adoption)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Account
- Education Assistance
- Employee Development Resources
- Employee Wellness, Leadership Development and Mentorship Programs
Benefits listed above may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Avnet.
This position will have access to ITAR product and therefore be authorized to access product. This position requires the employee to be a U.S. Citizen or National, or a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20), or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.