In addition to competitive compensation, we offer an excellent benefits package. This includes a continuing medical education allowance, paid time off, well-being fund, 401k, paid parental leave, malpractice insurance and much more. Moreover, we will provide financial stability and administrative support so you can focus on your passion - practicing medicine.
Northwestern Medicine is actively recruiting for a full time BE/BC Medical and Surgical Weight Loss Program Medical Director.
The Medical Director ("Director") for the NM RMG Northwest Region Medical and Surgical Weight Loss Program is a board certified/board eligible Physician with experience in obesity management. They shall be responsible for direct patient care as well as the overall development and ongoing quality of services in the program. The Director will work collaboratively with the appropriate disciplines to establish standards of practice to ensure optimal patient care and will continually evaluate and improve care delivery processes and outcomes. They will have a dual reporting structure to the RMG Chief Medical Officer and the Vice President of Operations while working collaboratively with the Director of Operations and Practice Manager of the clinic to meet organizational goals.
This exciting opportunity requires creativity to develop new programs and engagement in the healthcare system with the backing of a strong academic institution.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organize, integrate, and lead all metabolic-related services throughout the Northwest Region.
- Provide Clinical leadership and work with a multi-disciplinary group to develop a healthcare system wide approach to obesity management among primary care and specialty providers.
- Participate in the accreditation process and ensure ongoing compliance with the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program requirements.
- Clinic Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am - 4pm
- No hospital or clinic calls
- Model leadership behaviors in all interactions with colleagues and staff and demonstrate excellent citizenship by consistently complying with all CPG, Northwestern Medicine Northwest Region and health system standards and requirements.
- Work with the Primary Care Education team as part of the system wide Clinical Integration project to develop protocols and educational materials to help primary care with the management of obesity.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.