GovExec wins awards and media praise for its digital innovation, and we want you to help us continue performing at the highest level. We are growing our Software Engineering team and are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help us continue to build amazing digital products. You’ll work together with a team of product managers, designers, and engineers to improve our websites (including Government Executive(https://www.govexec.com/), Washington Technology(https://washingtontechnology.com/), Defense One(https://www.defenseone.com/), Military Periscope(https://www.militaryperiscope.com/), Route Fifty(https://www.route-fifty.com/), and, City & State New York(https://www.cityandstateny.com/)), content management system, and audience database.
You are a team player, strategic thinker, and a top-notch problem-solver who is excited to take on new challenges. This role reports to the Lead Software Engineer, Media Sites, and can be either in our Washington, D.C. office or fully remote in select states.
• Work with our product managers to conceptualize and create innovative digital products, features, and tools for our digital media publications.
• Develop Athena, our proprietary content management system as we transition from Django’s admin framework to ReactJS.
• Help us build up our data collection and data structuring capabilities to get the most out of AuDB, our audience database, as well as the new customer data platform (CDP) that we’re building to share more data across the company.
Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT (or equivalent experience)
• At least 5 years of experience working as a Python developer
• Understanding of all phases of web development, from CSS to database design. This is a full-stack position.
• Strong grasp of Python frameworks like Django
• Experience with ReactJS or other modern JS frameworks
• Experience working with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
• Experience with Azure hosting is a plus
Nice to have:
• Experience with a content management system
• Prior development experience in Kubernetes and/or Docker
• Familiarity with Agile methodology and Jira
We are constantly building and supporting several Django projects. The largest is our CMS and the websites it supports with MySQL as the database backend. Our Audience database for managing email newsletters and other tools is backed by a PostgreSQL database. The team also works with and supports other business units.
Our hosting is through Azure. The CMS and audience database are hosted on Linux virtual machines. We use NGINX for load balancing and for serving static files and uWSGI for the Django applications themselves. Moving forward, we are using Docker with Azure’s App Services to host the applications. We are migrating the older applications to this approach and migrating to using GitHub Actions for all automated deployments, unit tests, and linting.
GovExec’s data and insights set the standard for depth, accuracy, and impact for government leaders and contractors. As the market-leading information and intent-based marketing platform, for over fifty years GovExec has empowered the government ecosystem to engage and support government leaders as they work to achieve their missions across federal, defense, and state and local agencies. Our strategic sales enablement and intent-based marketing solutions accelerate revenue growth to fuel market success. The platform is powered by the largest and most sophisticated database in the public sector, GovExec’s platform reaches 3.3 million government influencers each month and provides its marketing clients with a significant competitive advantage in driving higher conversion and growth.
Working at GovExec
At GovExec, we believe that a new era of work -- particularly when, where, and how it gets done -- has arrived. We are building a hybrid workplace that allows for greater freedom and flexibility while also fostering a collaborative culture, no matter where you are working. GovExec offers permanent remote work in 20+ states across the US, as well as the option to work out of one of our offices based in Washington DC, New York, or San Diego. GovExec also offers a range of great benefits including:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
• 401(k) retirement plan with company match
• Open time off policy
• Twelve weeks paid parental leave
• Supportive, collaborative teams
• Unique opportunity to help government officials from a private sector company
• Expansive learning and development opportunities
Commitment to Shared Values(https://about.govexec.com/careers/)
GovExec recruits talent for four salient attributes or qualities:
• Soul of Entrepreneurship
• Culture of Inclusion
• Force of Ideas
• Spirit of Generosity
The salary range for this role is $110,000 to $140,000 per year.
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates ("GovExec") are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/mXJaY6H5yNaeKs26aSdVOD