Southeast Gas has an immediate opening for Superintendent of Operations at its Enterprise Office.
Responsibilities for the job include:
- Responsible for a staff of approximately 50 employees.
- Prepares and presents proposals for new projects to Director of Operations.
- Approves all construction for new service lines as well as repair and maintenance of existing service lines.
- Assures division’s compliance with all local, state and federal codes and regulations required in the industry.
- Facilitates necessary training and development of personnel.
- Maintains high degree of public relations through involvement in area.
- Extensive gas system planning and management.
- Direction of all operations functions, including: service, installation, construction, customer service, and meter reading.
- Natural gas code compliance.
- Communication with the public at executive level.
Requirements for the job include:
- Managerial experience within the natural gas industry preferred.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering preferred; Business Administration or closely related field will also be considered.
- Possession of a valid Alabama Driver’s License.
- Enterprise residence preferred.
- Competitive pay.
- Generous vacation and sick leave accruals.
- Employer-paid health insurance for employee (100%) and family coverage (77%).
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability plan.
- Employer-paid life insurance (2 times salary).
- Employer-paid retirement (5% base pay).
- 457 deferred compensation plan with employer match (5%).